Free Shipping On Orders Over $10
Nicki’s Diapers Prefolds are easy to use, even more absorbent than inserts, and fit into every budget.
They are made up of three panels of fabric. The outer two panels have four layers of fabric and the middle panel has eight layers. This allows for the ultimate absorbency in the “wet zone” while keeping the diaper fitting trim.
To make Prefolds waterproof, they must be paired with a diaper cover.
Prefolds are much more absorbent than inserts, and are a good choice for heavy wetters.
Made with 100% certified organic cotton, these prefolds are soft against your baby’s sensitive skin while offering the highest level of absorbency.
Nicki's Diapers Unbleached Cotton Prefolds offer our Super Absorbency, which is usually sufficient absorbency for even the most hydrated baby!
When you receive your Nicki's Diapers Prefolds, they will look quite large, flat, and feel slightly stiff. To prep them for use, wash and dry them 4-5 times in a hot or warm wash cycle using detergent and drying them in the dryer each time.
After they are prepped, they will quilt up and be very soft! Nicki’s Diapers Prefolds will shrink approximately 5-15% during prepping, but they are designed to leave plenty of fabric for your baby’s absorbency needs!
Please note, using the sanitize cycle or washing your diapers in water above 120 degrees fahrenheit, will not only cause excessive wear and tear on your diapers, but it will also cause them to shrink and quilt more than the below dimensions state. We do not ever recommend boiling to save time during the prep process.
Nicki's Diapers Prefolds are very quick and easy to use.
1) Choose your favorite fold (bikini twist, pad fold, angel wing, etc.)
2) Secure with a fastener
3) Put a cloth diaper cover on over top for waterproof protection
Washing Your Prefolds:
1) Remove solids: Knock solids into toilet, Dunk n’ Swish, use a diaper sprayer, or diaper liner to help.
2) Remove prefold from the diaper cover before washing.
3) Run a rinse cycle on cold.
4) Run a full cycle wash on warm/hot with additive-free detergent. We recommend the use of Tide detergent. Do not use detergents with added softeners or stain removers.
5) For best results, run one more rinse cycle on warm/cold.
6) Line dry or tumble dry or on low/medium.
Care For Your Prefolds:
Fabric softeners and rash creams can ruin the effectiveness of the absorbency. We recommend you do not use them. If you need to use a rash cream, we recommend the use of a liner along with cloth diaper-friendly products.
Dirty diapers and inserts should not go unwashed longer than 2-3 days for risk of staining.