Nicki's Diapers Merino lite Wool Covers are a great diapering solution for your little one! Wool is antimicrobial, and only needs to be washed and lanolized every 3-4 weeks unless soiled.
Nicki's Interlock Merino Wool Covers are silky and stretchy. While the design has an increased ability to prevent leaks, the material is still breathable for baby. These diapers are perfect for daytime use since they fit under clothing.
With 1 layers of interlock wool, these covers are thin enough for daytime use while still preventing leaks. Wool covers are made from 95% merino wool and 5% spandex. This material is stretchy and breathable, giving you a great fit overprefolds,flats,inserts, orfitted diapers.
Take comfort in knowing these diapers are free of the chemicals that are found in disposable diapers.
It’s always recommended to wash any new cloth diaper products before use, to remove any dust from manufacturing and shipping.
With wool, the care and prep is a bit different than your traditional polyester reusable diaper cover. Fill a bowl or your sink with lukewarm water andwool wash to the package instructions. Allow the wool to soak for 30 minutes before removing and laying out to dry.
*If you are washing more than one article of clothing at a time ensure that they are like colors
Once your wool has been cleaned you will need to lanolize them. The lanolizing process is what allows your wool to be waterproof.
What you will need:
- 1 cup of very hot water
- 1 tsp of lanolin
- 1-2 emulsifying cubes
- 3-4 cups of tepid water
- Large bowl, clean sink, or gallon sized leak-proof bag
1) Add your lanolin and emulsifying cubes to the cup of very hot water and allow to melt completely
2) Turn your wool inside out and gently place in your vessel of choice
3) Mix your lanolin, emulsifying cubes, and very hot water well.
4) Temper the lanolin mixture with the tepid water until it’s fully incorporated
4) Add the mixture to your wool and allow to soak for 30 minutes to an hour
5) Remove the wool and lay flat to dry
1) Secure absorbent cloth diaper on baby (sold separately)
2) Pull wool cover overtop for waterproof protection
3) Reuse if not soiled for up to two weeks until the lanolin wears off
4) Repeat the wash and lanolizing process every two weeks
We recommend having 2-4 Lite Wool Covers for daily use, but quantity may vary per child.