Do you need to make dinner fast and need it to be kid-friendly?
Say no more. I’m a big fan of FAST dinners and I love my instant pot, but sometimes we want some more texture and nothing beats fried!
Should You Get an Air Fryer?
Relatively easy clean up It’s FAST Crunchy, kid-approved textures
A healthy alternative to deep-frying Doesn’t heat up the entire house
Can be a pricey start-up
Types of Air Fryers
A basket air fryer is just like it sounds - an air fryer with a basket.
These look and function similarly to traditional deep fryers without the oil.
Convection Oven/Air Fryer Combo
This system combines the best of both worlds.
Convection baking and air frying in one appliance.
These take up permanent space on your counter so be sure you’re ready for that kind of commitment.
Pressure Cooker/Air Fryer Combo
Rejoice fans of the instant pot. Two in one combo such as these allow you to pressure cook and crisp!
Fast and Fun! Kid Friendly Recipes
Now that you're convinced to get cooking, here are some of our tried and true kid favorites!
Recipe #1 - Air Fryer Mac and Cheese
This air fryer mac ‘n’ cheese is easy and fast!
Best of all - it’s kid-approved!
Air Fryer Mac And Cheese Ingredients
- 10 oz Macaroni Pasta
- 8 oz Grated Cheese + 2 oz divided
- 2.5 cups Skim Milk (or whole milk if you aren’t worried about calories!)
- 3 tbsp bacon bits
- 3 tbsp White Wine
- 1 Tsp Garlic Paste
- 1 Tbsp Oregano
- Salt & Pepper
- Place into your air fryer baking pan the main 3 ingredients and mix well.
- Place the air fryer on 320f for 6 minutes.
- After 6 minutes when it beeps stir and add in seasonings.
- Press the button again so it will do a further 6 minutes.
- After 12 minutes, stir and add in the rest of the ingredients.
- After its final 6 minutes and a total of 18 minutes, give it a final stir and it is ready to be served.
- If adding a parmesan crust, mix in a bowl breadcrumbs with 50g of parmesan cheese and load onto the top of your baking pan once it has had a final stir at 18 minutes.
- Layer it so that there are no gaps and cook for the last 2 minutes at 360f.
Recipe #2 - Crispy Breaded Air Fryer Chicken Breast
This air fryer recipe is a family favorite and you’ll be hardpressed to find someone who won’t devour it!
Air Fryer Crispy Chicken Breast Ingredients
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Salt ½ cup panko
- 2tsp seasoning salt
- 2tsp paprika
- 2tsp ground mustard powder
- 2tsp garlic powder
- 2tsp onion powder
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Place the chicken breast between two layers of parchment paper.
- Use a rolling pin or meat mallet to gentle press the chicken so it's an even width throughout.
- Dry the chicken breasts off with a paper towel or unpaper towels
- Pour the oil onto the chicken (I do this right on the parchment) and rub all over, coating it equally.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a small bowl, shaking together.
- Pour onto a large rimmed plate.
- Cover each of the chicken breasts well with the panko mixture, and then place onto the mesh basket of your air fryer, making sure to leave room between the breasts - they would not be touching.
- Spray the tops of the chicken with cooking spray and cook 8 minutes.
- Gently flip and cook another 6-8 minutes until the chicken is crispy and golden and an instant-read thermometer reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit inserted into the chicken
Recipe #3 - Air Fryer Fried Ravioli
I think my kids are going to turn into noodles at this point.
These ravioli have a lovely crunch texture and are sure to please.
Air Fryer Fried Ravioli Ingredients
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen beef ravioli, thawed
- Cooking spray
- Fresh minced basil
- optional 1 cup marinara sauce, warmed
- Preheat air fryer to 350°
- In a shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and basil.
- Place flour and eggs in separate shallow bowls.
- Dip ravioli in flour to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- Dip in eggs, then in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- In batches, arrange ravioli in a single layer on a greased tray in an air-fryer basket; spritz with cooking spray.
- Cook until golden brown, 3-4 minutes.
- Turn; spritz with cooking spray.
- Cook until golden brown, 3-4 minutes longer.
- If desired, immediately sprinkle with basil and additional Parmesan cheese.
- Serve warm with marinara sauce
Recipe #4 - Air Fryer Avocado Egg Boat
Step aside Avocado Toast - avocado boats are the sheriffs in town.
Air Fryer Avocado Egg Boat Ingredients
- 2 Medium Avocados
- 4 Small Eggs
- Fresh Parsley Fresh
- Salt & Pepper
- Slice your avocados in half, remove the stones and remove about 20% of the flesh so that the wholes become bigger
- Season them with salt, pepper, fresh parsley and chives.
- Crack an egg into each of the four halves, place in the Airfryer and then cook for 8 minutes on 350F
- Sprinkle with extra fresh parsley, a little more salt and pepper and serve.
Recipe #5 - Beef and Bean Air Fryer Burritos
Who doesn’t love a burrito?
They’re the perfect dinner or dinner or lunch that can be eaten with your hands!
Air Fryer Beef and Bean Burrito Ingredients
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 (16-ounce) can refried beans 6 large (12-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Cilantro, sour cream, salsa, avocado for serving
- Cook and crumble ground beef in a large nonstick skillet.
- Add taco seasoning and stir it in well.
- Add beans and stir in.
- Place tortillas on a microwave-safe plate.
- Cover with a damp paper towel.
- Microwave for 30 seconds.
- Place 1/6 of the ground beef mixture in the middle of each tortilla.
- Top with rice and cheese.
- Roll up burrito style.
- Place in your air fryer for 3 minutes at 375F, flip and repeat for another 2-3 minutes until golden.
Conclusion - Air Fryer Recipes for Kids
Now that we’ve got your tastebuds inspired we hope that you pull out that air fryer!
If you don’t already have a million Planet Wise leak-proof bags to store your leftovers in - be sure to pick some up today!
Almost all of the recipes we have shared today are great make-ahead that you can freeze until you’re ready to heat and serve.
The best part of Planet Wise's leak-proof bags - getting rid of those horrible Tupperware containers and saving space!